Based in Washington, D.C., and New York, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, or FINRA, is a large, independent regulator of securities firms doing business in the United States. FINRA provides specific industry standards and serves to protect investors by overseeing thousands of brokerage firms and hundreds of thousands of brokers. FINRA can bar or suspend a firm or broker from doing business, levy fines and facilitate justice through judicial channels when its rules are broken.
Help For International Investors
If you are an international investor who lost money as a result of negligence within a U.S. brokerage firm, you may be able to recover at least some of what was lost with the help of the Manhattan office of Timothy J. Dennin, P.C., in Northport and Manhattan. Attorney Timothy J. Dennin has successfully handled securities litigation, FINRA mediation and FINRA arbitration for more than 25 years, advocating for the rights of individual and institutional investors located around the world, including Europe and Asia.
Mr. Dennin has won scores of cases and recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for investors, with numerous victories over some of the world’s largest and most powerful investment firms. His experience includes successful litigation, FINRA arbitration and FINRA mediation in cases involving:
- Puerto Rico closed-end funds and municipal bonds
- Representing a United Nations official in a case of Polish affinity fraud
- Unsuitable investment recommendations
- The failure of a firm to supervise one of its brokers
- The hiring and retaining of a broker with a history of misconduct
- Complex products such as derivatives, CDOs and CMO misrepresentations, and other subprime investment losses that proved to be built on foundations of straw
Contact A FINRA Attorney With Extensive Experience
To discuss your concerns with a New York attorney for international investor FINRA claims, contact securities litigation lawyer Timothy J. Dennin. Mr. Dennin has extensive experience representing internationally based investors who have been wronged by American brokers and firms. Call 866-437-9475.